Sunday, June 28, 2009

Skiving off in Italy

I know, I know. I've been remiss on my duties: informing you of what we're up to so you can live vicariously through or laugh hysterically at us (please note: I didn't say with us). It's late so I'm going to stick mainly with pictures tonight.

This past week, after saying bon voyage to one group of Tucson friends, we joined our friends K, T & M & K's mum in Atrani on the Amalfi Coast. For those of you cretins who don't know where Amalfi is, think the front ankle area of the boot of Italy. Alright, I had no idea either. Craggy coastlines, blue oceans, wacky little seaside towns, wild lush terraces jam packed with grapes and lemons (All the better for making lemoncello with. Oh yes, we did indulge) It was spectacular (the lemoncello) and the Amalfi coastline was nothing to sniff at either. For those prone to motion sickness, when visiting Amalfi remember the Dramamine. Also, I had a fabulous picture taken at sunset that I was going to share, but it along with all the other photos from Wednesday and Thursday have disappeared. We don't know where. Any ideas?


View from the Atrani apartment
Photo by Tim. Scorpio setting.

Beach at Atrani 

The beach at Atrani, by Tim

View from Ravello 

The view from Ravello

View from Tranquility, Ravello
Terraces from Ravello

Lemoncello...and it was gone 
And it was gone

3 comments:

  1. I've been in Italy twice but haven't been to Amalfi Coast yet. It's on my ever-growing bucket list. We fell in love with limoncello when a restaurant owner in Rome served us his homebrew. I understand the best limoncello comes from the Amalfi Coast.

    As for your missing photos, did you look under your bed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the stuff we had was a little too sweet. Is that possible. Anyway, I'm challenging Desert Dame http://rockinthegarden.blogspot.com/ to show me what she can do.

    I'm too scared to look under my bed. It is an abyss.

    ReplyDelete